Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Update

I have not been able to publish anything here in nearly a month. I finally decided today that I would have to trouble shoot myself. It turns out I just had too many posts on my main page. I knocked it down,the number of post, to my last ninety and wal--LA. Here I am.

I hurt my back. Yeah. Just started a new job in August and already I'm out for two weeks with pinched nerves in my back. It isn't fun, I know that. The thing about pain, especially a constant pulsating pain, is that only you can feel it. Nobody else can. Other than the fact that I've been walking like a ninety-year-old man, I probably seem pretty normal. And so I feel guilty that I can't do normal stuff like say, go to work and earn a living.

Also, I read this article in Wired magazine a few days ago and have noticed it getting a lot of publicity recently. Give it a read. These atheist sound pretty fanatical do they not? Kinda like the religious fundamentalist they attack.

2 comments:

Michael said...

happy to see you back.

don't like the rabid atheists, as much as I don't like the fundamentalists.

Its called let people be who they are, and not worry about what everyone else is thinking, as long as people treat each other with respect and dignity.

noe said...

wow...

i love how radical believers anything have such hatred for the people who disagree with them.... we are so fascinated with the idea of warring, black and white, right and wrong... in theology we are reading calvin and he's quite fond of calling atheists ignorant... funny in light of this article...

wonder what Dawkins, big supporter of democracy would think if he learned the structure of democracy is based on the structure of presbyterian government...

also it's amazing to me how people try to separate themselves as superior to the rest of the world... and that the rest of the world is in dire straits if they don't turn away from their wrong beliefs...

really anything that any of us think is based on belief whether it's belief in God or belief in no gods or whatever... these folks know as much about the christians, muslims, etc. they criticize as the latter know about them...

wow...

i'm glad i popped back over to catch up on reading your blog after my own being absent from computer land for a while... and as a side note... i thought wired was a techie/computer magazine... am i mistaken?