Saturday, May 09, 2009

Star Trek Review

The best part of this movie was when it was over, when Leonard Nemoy says: Space, the Final frontier....To boldly go where no man has gone before...

Sadly this movie didn't take me anywhere new. Here is yet another Star Trek movie where there is an evil alien dressed in black who is bent on destroying the earth. Oh yeah, and time travel for the sake of bringing back an old cast member.

I did enjoy seeing it in Korea though as I was able to arrive 10 minutes before the movie started, buy nachos and a large coke for less than five dollars and get a good seat! I didn't have to wait in line for three hours with a bunch of mouth breathing nerds.

I love Star Trek but I am not buying into the hype that this is a fresh start for the franchise. It looked like a lot of the same stuff that has come out in the last 10 years. I really would like to see a Star Trek movie that could show us "new life and new civilization", a life not yet imagined, a visionary movie. Not this comic book garbage! I am sick of nerdy comic book movies.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I saw Star Trek last night and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I think my favorite part was when Kirk asked to meet his accuser and Spock stands up and pulls his shirt down just like Commander Riker!

Its funny you mentioned nachos. The nachos at the theater in Burlington came in a cardboard box and the "nacho" cheese was in this jello-pudding like container... they tasted terrible. My heart just sank.