Sunday, August 29, 2004

Garden Party

My computer desk is in the kitchen. It holds my computer off the ground. My office chair, whose ribs are showing, holds me off the ground. Next to my chair and my computer desk are two great windows of single pane glass which are always open letting in fresh air. It is past the open windows just feet away from where i sit that i am growing a windowbox garden of interesting people. They are lovely creatures who play jazz music in the late evenings and yawn and stretch in the morning. They breath in the sunshine and breath out stimulating conversation. If thier bodies were not vines that waved in the breeze and thier feet were not strong roots that held them in place, they might leave the window box and get jobs. I can't imagine the garden people in legless suits holding a cell phone to thier ears waiting on the street corner for a bus.

No comments: