Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Democracy

I voted for the first time today. I punched the chads and sealed up my ballot and mailed it off. It felt good too. Over the last few months i have grown very cynical about politics and have even argued with friends that voting is a waste of time, that all the politicians are crooks anyway. I'm not taking back that statement now. But it did feel good to vote for my canadates and dream of a parallel universe in which the guys i voted for might actually be elected to office. So... anyway--i have been politically devirginized.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Emily are you F*#cking kidding me? I share my first voting experience and you try to sell me a flat screen? i have this strange feeling that the inhabitants of cyber land are just robots trying to sell me penis enlargers and flatscreen.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rebekah said...

:) dont take it too personal: i got that exact same note from the exact same person. ignore her. she eventually goes away...