Thursday, November 04, 2004

Hobbiton

I slept in like a totally lazy bum this morning. Warmly under my bed covers, i listened to Kerry's concession speech and Bush's accaptance speech. The sun is shining outside and it is a beautiful day. It is hard to be too unhappy with the election. I am glad that somebody won by a large margine and the American public can get on with life and not have to watch lawyers on CNN for the next 3 months. I made a decision this morning to not get so wrapped up in politics and partisanship. I think when 9/11 happen I, along with probably most Americans, became addicted to cable news. It is such a waste of life. I have a groovy life independent of the libral, conservative debate. So I am officially over yelling at tvs, and argueing with friends and family. It just doesn't seem healthy. I wish America was more like the Shire. The president is only one man but our nieghbors and friends, we can live a hobbit like existance if we try.

3 comments:

noe said...

i always wanted to be a hobbit... i even have hairy feet!

p.s. not owning a tv is one of the best things in the world

Matt said...

yeah i don't own a television either... but i have this knarly habit of listening to talk radio before bed.

noe said...

i listen to talk radio in the morning... it's my alarm clock, doesn't always function when you're angry at what they have to say and feel super inclined to hit snooze a million times...