Saturday, March 12, 2005

Cartoons

I went and saw Robots tonight, the latest dazzling animated film to hit theaters. Not only was the animation phenomenal but the story was smart. I remember going to see cartoon movies as a kid. Movies like The Land Before Time, 101 Dalmations, An American Tail. Maybe I was just to young to notice, I should watch those movies again, but I don't remember those movies having the pertinent social commentary that today's G rated movies have. Like The Incredibles, Robots had a message of hope; that hard work, perseverance, and community can overcome THE MAN. I really needed to hear that message after dealing with a flippant comment made by my boss today. The rat race. After seeing that movie I wanted to volunteer for the peace corps or wear a ribbon or read to children or something. Lately I have really wanted to give to my community and do something constructive for man kind. Andy just walked in suggesting we have a yard sale. I took it a step further, lets sell everything we have and start a revolution! He rolled his eyes. "Let's start by cleaning up the apartment and see where that takes us."

No comments: