Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Cigarette Update

Today will be my sixth day as a non smoker. It has been so easy! Not even the slightest craving for a cigarette. I have been eating like a son of a bitch though. The great thing about cigarettes was that they gave me an excuse to eat a meal made out of smoke and enjoy that meal outside. I could use a few extra pounds on me, but if i had a wieght problem, i would continue smoking!

Also:I had such an encouraging dream just now! It was one of those walking through the valley of the shadow of death dreams. I was stuck in a city gone mad. In the four corners of the city stood a gang of zombies that wanted to kill me. My vision was all blurry like Frank Dukes' blurry vision at the end of Bloodsport. Armed with a very long and pointy golf flag, I made my way to one of the four exits where a man covered in black tar with branches for arms, and his chainsaw wielding dwarf companion, stood, blocking my way and heckling me. The dwarf had a roarous laugh like a crazy man. Then they began to chase me. My eyes started watering and I figured I was going to be cut into little pieces by the chainsaw. But then I became philosophical like obiwan kenobe, "strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can imagine," I said. I then surrendered my situation to God and channeled the "God force". I calmly opened my now healthy eyes and initiated a martial arts battle with the dwarf. My 10 foot flag stick easily took care of the threat. The Tar-ent chased after me with suprising speed. He was going to catch up and get me but again I used my jedi weapon, the flag stick as a polvalt to get out of danger. I landed in a poor Indian trailer park. There was one trailer that was particularly friendly looking with an astroturf patio and a plastic flower garden. I knocked on the door and a friendly old lady let me in. She was a holy woman and had a very attractive daughter. I woke up about ten minutes ago.

Something about that Tar-ent tells me this dream is an important element in my journey towards health.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Killer dream, man! I especially like the concept of "God-Force." I had to use similar tactics one night, battling an adept sorceress. A brilliant adversary she was, but I won nonetheless.

Do you keep a dreamjournal?

Michael said...

Best of luck on the quitting, it gets easier the longer you are quit.

at about the 6 week mark of quitting, something amazing happens. Everything tastes different... but better. Your taste buds that were killed off by the smoke are reborn.

you will want to eat everything again, because the taste is so much better.

Matt said...

I keep a journal, which i also use to record dreams. Dreams are very important to me.