Friday, January 07, 2005

Invasion Force: Armageddon Alpha One

Dreams are very strange things. Especially strange because a third of our life is spent dreaming, and yet people mostly dismiss dreams as left over junk that slips into their sleeping state. I choose to believe that dreams say something about reality. Which makes last nights dream all the more scary.

Last night, I had a vivid dream that really shock me up. I was in a rocket ship pushing up through the atmosphere. I was pushed back in my seat by the G force and my head felt light and dizzy. And then there was a moment when we escaped the atmosphere and started a weightless orbit high above the earth. I looked out the window and there below me was a deep turquoise blue earth, rotating. The United States turned past us, and later, Asia and Europe. Awe and wonder were my only feelings until I heard one of my comrades gasp, "look at that man on the moon!" She was confused and excited but mostly terrified which got me and everyone else terrified. "the Man on the moon, the man on the moon!" "where is he?" I asked in a panic. "right here!" she yelled and reached her arm out of the space ship and touched the surface of the moon. I looked closer and there, near the dark side of the moon, was an ancient city carved in rocky cliffs. The buildings were twisted and dark, and with age, turning to dust. Then I saw him. A Devil with his arms raised holding a staff in one hand. I had a feeling that this lord of the moon had a great army hiding in the shadows and the crevices but soon the whole scene disappeared into the sunlight as we swung around into the day side of earth.

What a creepy thought though. A Dark Lord on the Darkside of the moon! yikes. I have never before left Earth in a dream. This could be really fun, flying through space at night.

There is a blizzard outside my window. Right now.

1 comment:

Queenie said...

I am all for Freud.

Q