Thursday, July 14, 2005

Nebulous

I was seventy five percent asleep when I had a thought that would revolutionize the world, transform humanity's infrastructure, and initiate the next leap forward in human evolution. The damned thing is, I can't articulate it in language or even fully remember the impression it made on me. I do know that my clock radio alarm was going off which startled me a quarter the distance away from dreamland. In my dream I turned off the alarm but to my dismay, the noise of the morning news report persisted. Perplexing. Again, in my dream I hit the snooze button: still no result. It was then that I realized I was dreaming, and in more of a God like way than an engineer's, rewired the alarm clock to my mind and thought away the noise. In an instant, I had sewn, with mind thread, the quilt that is the world togther with the fabric of dreamland. A telepathic Clapper. I lived an eon in silence before I was made aware again of the morning news and my duty to wake up and partcipate in civilization.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Yes, exactly, and that is why I have been writing incomprehensible posts.