Saturday, July 30, 2005

Sim

I was sitting where I am now, early this morning, enjoying coffee, the sun rise, and a radio program. There was a mantra going through my head last night from old Ben (Franklin, not Kenobe): Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. I doubt that is the final word on health, wealth, and wisdom, but there is an element of truth in it. I feel like I can conquer the world when I breath in the dawn air and if there was ever a day to harness the power of dawn it would be today. (Pliers, Doctor's office, Whisky.)

A bit later, hours after sunrise, I hear my brother's door creak open and a moment later watch him stumble into the hall in his underwear. He limps down the hall with a sheen of grease on his skin and two days worth of stubble growing on his face. Good mornin' I say. Hmmm, he responds. How horrifying this sight was to me. I feel responsible, like he is a sim that I haven't been feeding, or put on the wrong career path, or have over looked his love life.

Perhaps someday, proverbs will be of a quite different form. The Poor Richards Almanac of 2105 might read: Up, Up, Right, X, X, Y, Up, Right Trigger, Start, Select.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Good luck today!

Ms. Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ms. Johnson said...

oops, I think I accidentally deleted my comment instead of posting?? I dunno? Anyway, I was saying good luck, also! It'll all be fine :)