Thursday, August 11, 2005

Lip Smackingly Good

I woke up early and went to the gym this morning and the day just got better from there. Here are some highlights:

I. Had coffee on porch with the neighbors. We talked about food. Food is the one topic that everyone on earth can relate to.

II. Went to the library and read. Being around people when it is quite and they are touching things, especially paper, softly, makes my hair stand up. I was getting high on that hair standing up feeling, when I noticed I was surrounded by about eight old men. Every couple seconds one of them made a disgusting old person noise with their mouth or nose: clearing their throat, smacking their lips, sniffing their snot. It was gross but some how pleasurable.

III. My financial aid award letter came. I am getting tons of grant money.

IV. My brother and I went to Izzy's Buffet. We have been going there about three times a month for a while now. At the salad bar, Andy says to me, "Some people are regulars at bars, we are regulars at a buffet restaurant." He looked scared that we might be considered gay. That made me laugh.

V. I saw a pregnant woman walking her dog and was amazed that I haven't been more amazed by pregnant women before.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

A good day indeed. Congrats on your grant money! Will you shoot for teaching?

Matt said...

Unfortunatly the Government isn't willing to pay for me to go to school forever, just till march. I might end up being a teacher or a cable man, perhaps even a pirate. I have decided not to worry about the future anymore.

Matt said...

though I might slip now and again and worry on my blog.

Jessi said...

I wish I could get paid well for being a dishwasher. I loved that job. As someone who is easily lost in thought, it was perfect for me.

Matt said...

I've been a dishwasher--at a buffet!