Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Cheering for The Underdog

Cheering is such a wonderful act. I had my feet up this afternoon drinking hot coffee and listening to the radio. A bible scholar was on the program. During the call-in portion of the program he was attacked venomously for being part of the "old paradigm" for being exclusive in his faith. But he didn't respond to their attacks with hostility. He calmly stated what the Bible has to say about the objections raised. It only made the callers more furious. Even though I didn't agree with everything he was saying, I had to cheer for him. He knew his stuff, after all he has made a career out of studying the Bible. He doesn't have the answers to everything, no Christian does, NOBODY does. I really admire people who know what they are talking about, who don't back down when challenged. In people that have faith in something higher than themselves. I would admire a pedophile or a Satan worshiper if he could formulate a sound argument. It is so popular to attack Christians today. I am not suggesting that people blindly accept a faith, but I am suggesting that people listen. You might be intrigued by what you hear!

No comments: