Monday, February 21, 2005

In the Hall

Busy day at work today. Didn't even get a lunch or a break. I was cleaning up a storm, half listening to the TV, half comatose when I nearly bumped into a man in the hall. A thick grizzly man he was: grey goatee, black tank top, a little tattoo on the under side of his wrist. "There jacuzees in these rooms?"

"No sir. No jacuzzes."

"What the hell's the difference between an executive suit and the regular rooms?"

"Well your executive room has a vanity and a balcony. It is also substantially bigger than the regular rooms." I thought about adding the fact that the executive rooms get mouthwash and lotion in addition to the shampoo and conditioner which are standard complimentary gifts, but that sounded really cheap at the time.

"One last thing" the guy says to me. "you guys ain't got no women maids?"

Perplexed. Where is he going with this I was thinking. "Uh, yes sir, I am the only male house keeper here. Our lady house keepers are down stairs."

He looked at me confused as if my answer was not satisfactory; like he wanted me to apologize for cleaning for a living, start working at the dock yard, drive a motorcycle to work.

1 comment:

Arc said...

Know the feeling only too well.

Some people feel the need to give their approval/disapproval to everyone, even if you haven't asked about it. Worst thing is that most times that people are conservatives. Oh the fun.

Once again we wrote about similar things in our blog, almost at the same time :P