Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentines Day

Aren't we waging a war on drugs? Our citizens are the enemy, Our cops, the soldiers. Funny, it's as easy to buy illegal drugs as it is to order delivered pizza--just dial the phone. Bridget is on the couch talking (to Andy, to me?) about marriage. "I think I am destined to marry a black man." I am listening to R.E.M.--Loosing My Religion.

The last Valentines gift I got was a card from a gay guy in my painting class four years ago. He passed out Brittany Spears Valentines cards to everyone in the room, just like we used to do in elementary school. Valentines day was fun when I was 9. I couldn't wait to read what Laura or Sarah wrote in my card. I was going to marry Laura, and Sarah was going to be my mistress. I was in third grade.

I hear that the citizens of San Francisco are thinking about building a suicide barricade on the Golden Gate Bridge. Apparently people are jumping off of that mother in record numbers. I am sure tomorrow will see a spike in "jumpers".

Shiny Happy People. Grimy working people. Male house keepers. Dreamers.

No comments: