Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Punching Hides of Beef

I went and worked out at the Recreation Center up on campus yesterday for the first time. I guess it is one of the nicest gyms in the universe or something like that. It won a lot of awards when it open last year. The point is I went there yesterday with Robbie. Rob is 40 pounds over weight and that 40 pounds is muscle. Bodies like that look like they hurt. I would rather be built like Bruce Lee. I am built more like Bob Sagget.

That gym is so nice! Television screens all over the place. Computer terminals built into the walls. Have you been in new buildings lately? The buildings I usually go in are at least 4o years old. This building looks like something from Star Trek. The equipment is HIGH tec. There are TV's built into the tred mill. Indoor track, swimming pool, big screen television, snack bar, climbing wall, basketball courts, cheese cubes--all there.

I got to thinking why have I been paying money to work out at the YMCA when I can go work out at "Globogym" on campus.

YMCA--Old flabby people
School Gym--supermodels

YMCA--musty smell of old person sweat.
College Gym--the smell of sterility, micro chips...

YMCA--Rocky's gym, Mick in the dusty corner, growling and cussing, sides of beef hanging from the rafters.
School Gym--Rocky III: the Russians first class facilities.

I am thinking about skipping classes today

No comments: