Monday, May 16, 2005

We Are Borg

I am sitting in a trendy coffee shop drinking coffee from a porcelain bucket. I'm listening to MP3 files of Art Bell's radio program I downloaded into my IPod this morning. He is interviewing a cellular biologist about consciousness. For a brief moment I become aware of being thoughtless, that there is a conversation in my head that I am not participating in but still absorbing, that the voices in my head aren't mine at all. I cross my legs and waggle my feet: a conscious effort to be in control of my actions.

3 comments:

CenterUniverse said...

Funny, But I think thats highly possible.

I fully believe that our minds are all targets for demonic temptation and suggestion.

Thats why the Bible tells us to hold every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

Christ said our battle is not with flesh and bones, but of the wicked hosts in the heavens.

ThanX

Matt said...

Did I forget to mention the voices were the human voices of Art Bell and his guest--entering my mind through head phones (a human technology), not demonic? I understand your point though...I think.

CenterUniverse said...

Speaking of Borgs, I loved the episode on Trek, with Pickard as a Borg, LeKutis of BORG!!!!!




kool!