Tuesday, April 19, 2005

An Absolutely Trivial Problem--And Also Man's Biggest

This is mine, that is yours. Division. Separation. Alignation. Suspicion.

If there are dishes in the sink. Clean em. Yeah a lot of them might be mine, but havn't you noticed all these years, I've cleaned your dirty dishes. Is a dirty plate worth argueing about?

I don't listen? Yeah ok, ok, ok, mmmhm, whatever you say. It's a god damn plate.

Where do you want to draw the line? No, now you listen to me. You can't just stop at the plate. If you want to divide things into mine and yours then we can't just stop at dirty dishes! The whole universe must be put into piles. My food. My movie rental. My globular cluster. Do you really want to go down that road? Just clean the plate, next time I'll clean the plate. It's called cooperation. Can't I get a little help from my friends?

I don't listen? I just got home. I want to eat my dinner. I'll clean up the mess afterward. Ok ok who isn't listening now. Listen, there are bigger problems in the world than this mess in the sink, we can drop this now or continue and be divided forever. Your call.

Give me the fuckin dish rag.

No comments: