Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Keeping an Inn on Ramandu

I am going to change my blog pretty soon. I wish I new more about computer code, I would design my own bitchin' blog with way more color! But at least this much is true--the title will change, for I am no longer a house keeper! I quit!

One thing I will miss about house keeping is the private eye aspect. I will miss the olfactory stimulation of the place. The stories I could make up about people with only smell information. It was getting to the point were I would know what kind of person stayed in the room just by opening up the door and taking a sniff. I have to say, I could always tell when a Candadian had stayed, thier scent was heavier and more garlicky. Smell is a wonderful and under appriciated gift.

Ramandu is the eastern star in Narnia if I remember right. He dinnes on an island at the edge of the sea. Seagulls, carry his breakfast to him each morning at sun rise and lay out a banquet on a long stone table. The water is clear, the sun is huge, bright, warm, and such a salty fresh smell in the air. Beyond Ramandu's island is the edge of the world and still further east, is Aslan's country.

That is the backstory of the title of my blog, which will soon be changed.

2 comments:

Ms. Johnson said...

Wow, you quit! So, what adventure comes next?

Matt said...

Not sure. Will take that one day at a time. My adventure tonight is going to be cooking dinner and reading. Maybe tomorrow Ted Danson (the ferret) and I will join the circus.