Tuesday, April 12, 2005

In The Begining

In my dream, there was nothing. No grass. No trees. No people. Nothing. Dream space is the only space where nothing is possible. I was assigned the job of building my own beatuiful world in the void. I manifested some of my favorite beautiful things there in the emptiness: A wicker basket, a vuluptious black mother wearing an apron, dough balls in various states of roundness, plastic GI JOE dolls from my childhood, and more wicker. My beautiful fortress floated around me, incapsulating me. These things seemed so lifeless as building materials, as bricks in my wall. The wicker basket didn't hold a pic-nic lunch. The Mother had no children to cook for. I have to admit that the dough balls were just as neat in the emptiness, but my creation was still pretty lame. Life was never breathed into it.

No comments: