Sunday, April 17, 2005

Good Morning

The first thing I heard when i woke up this morning was rain. tons of rain pouring from the gutters next door. No sun beams breaking through the curtains causing me to sneeze myself awake. Just rain. Rain falling on the roof is one of my favorite sounds, but there is a time for that kind of sound. Like on the porch in the late evening watching a summer thunderstorm--not on a saturday morning, not when all I wanted to do today was sit out in the yard and read. So I dismissed the day and came to my computer, checked my email--nothing--checked news--nothing. Played a few games of yahoo chess and slurped some left over coffee...how boring. I am not living the virtuous life! Slothfulness is a vice. So with sculpting myself into a greek god in mind (been reading plato), I put on the sweat pants and grabbed the unbrella and charged up to the gym on campus. 9am on a saturday morning. All the boozers and partiers were sleeping heavily. I on the other hand have not have a cigarette or a drink in over a month and feel like a god. So I got on the treadmill and ran from the Grecian shores... all the way to marathon. Then I lifted weights, sculpting my guardian body into a death machine. I walked home in the rain feeling my muscules burning, trying to communicate telepathically with the birds by whistling in my head, it was a great walk home. Never felt better.

Get to my front door, my mailbox. A voice in my head, burned there forever by all those years on AOL said, "you've got mail". Bill. Bill. Credit offer. Important school document. Bills good, conservation seems to be paying off. So I open the school document and my jaw drops. The government is cutting off my finacial aid. Apparently going to school for 5 years with no certificate to show for it is cause for them to cut me off. Can't blame them really. So who knows how I am going to pay for college next year. only 3 quarters to go! I am not to worried. I probably just have to jump through a fiery hoop and then everything will be good. It is only in the last month that I have life has seemed to make sense and I am determined, focusued, and happy about my future. It is like Neo in the matrix going through all the shit he went through, not really believing he was the one, and then getting shot, comming back to life, seeing the world in computer code and then having morpheous saying, "hey neo, your enlightened now, cool you see the code, but you took to long. I am going to go have some malto meal with trinity on the ship. Take it easy. good luck with the agents." Well actually that analogy sucks, but it made me feel better because if i see the world in computer code then i should be flying into the deans chest and taking over the school.

Long story short. Wake up depressed... pull my head out of my ass and feel awsome... later discover that I am going to be homeless next year but am not to concerned becasuse I feel like a sculpted greek god.

No comments: